Get your fall camping trips started the right way with a camping recipe that’s as delicious as it is easy! This is the perfect time of year to enjoy soups and stews that are thrown in the slow cooker and then ladled into a bowl. This is a one-pot wonder, so you can also enjoy the advantages of packing fewer kitchen tools and utensils to make it. Check it out!
Hearty Beefy Noodle Stew
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 26-oz Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 32-oz beef broth, divided
- 1 packet Beefy Onion soup mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package egg noodles – I like to use the Amish egg noodles for this recipe
You’ll also need:
- Slow cooker
- Can opener
- Large bowl
- Slow cooker liner (makes clean up a breeze!)
- Place the liner in the slow cooker and add in the chuck roast. Trust us – if you’ve never used slow cooker liners before, this one is a game changer!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups of the beef broth, the packet of dry soup mix, and the minced garlic. Once it’s well-combined, pour it over the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on, and turn on high heat. Let it cook for 4 hours (don’t take off the lid at any point).
- After 4 hours, it’s time to take the lid off. Use a couple of forks to shred the meat at this point.
- Once the meat is shredded, add the entire package of egg noodles and remaining 2 cups of broth.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for one more hour or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers (if you have any!) can be stored in a regular food storage container. The slow cooker liner can be thrown away and chances are, you won’t need to wash your slower cooker. Just wash the bowl and whisk and you’re done!
Besides being easy to make, this camping recipe is also ideal if you have any picky eaters in your family like I do. It’s tasty, hearty, but also simple and easy on the palate. The best time to make this on your fall camping trip is right after lunch. Then you can head out for your afternoon nature hikes, and by the time you get back, dinner is almost ready!
Not only can we help you with camping recipes that everyone in the family will like, but we can also help you find the right new or used RV for your family with all the features you want. Contact us today!