Just because camping is on hold for a lot of people doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy delicious camping recipes at home. These fantastic recipes can easily be made in your own kitchen or on your grill. Taking this time during quarantine to enjoy family time can be one of the most rewarding things you do with your time. Build memories and grow as a family so that when you can start RVing again, you are closer than ever and ready to enjoy yourselves.
Grilled Corn With Chipotle-Lime Butter
- 8 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Coarse sea salt, optional
- In a large stockpot, cover corn with cold water. Soak 30 minutes; drain. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until tender, turning occasionally, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Carefully peel back husks; discard silk. Spread butter mixture over corn.
Pizza Mountain pies
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white or whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper, optional
- Spread butter over bread slices. Place one slice in a sandwich iron, buttered side down. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese, pepperoni and, if desired, green pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and bread slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Homemade Snack Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Crispix
- 2 cups bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashews
- Preheat oven to 250°. Mix first 5 ingredients; toss with cereals and cashews, coating evenly. Spread into a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Interested in learning more about our selection of RVs for sale? Contact us. We’ll answer your questions, walk you through units, and ensure you have the information needed to make the best decision for your needs. We can also assist with RV financing. Affording your dream RV has never been easier.