Looking for a quick and easy chicken camping recipe that will keep the entire family happy? This delicious camping fajitas recipe is super filling and packed full of nutritious vegetables. One taste of it and you’ll be coming back again and again. In fact, we recommend you make extra of this recipe because it’s sure to delight everyone.
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 2 Tbsp oil or butter
- 1 packet of Simply Organic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 lime (optional)
Grill the Chicken:
- Grill the chicken on a campfire grill grate over coals from the fire, or heated briquets. Grill the chicken on each side until fully cooked and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. This usually takes about 10 minutes on each side, but cook time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts and how hot your coals are.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before you slice it. In the meantime, get the veggies ready.
Cook the Veggies:
- Heat a cast-iron pan on a camp stove over medium heat. Slice the peppers, onion, and jalapeño (if using) into thin strips.
- Add the oil and the sliced veggies to the pan. Saute for about 6 minutes until the veggies have slightly softened, mixing occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice it into thin strips.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the veggies. Add in the simmer sauce.
- Mix well until all the chicken and veggies are coated. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on the grill for about 30 seconds each side.
- Scoop some of the fajitas onto a tortilla.
- Serve immediately with a fresh squeeze of lime!
Interested in exploring beautiful state of Minnesota via RV? Contact us to start shopping for a new RV or stop by to walk the lot. Our team can help you find the best RV for your needs, answer any questions you have, and make sure you’ve got the information needed to make the best decision for your family. We can also assist with RV financing.
Recipe from amandaonward.com.