One of the best things about RVing is always having a kitchen at your fingertips. You’ll always have delicious food ready to enjoy. And, if you don’t feel like cooking you can just pop a frozen pizza in the oven.
Chopped Mexican Bean & Corn Salad
Pro tip: bring veggies with you pre-washed to save time.
- 1 can of sweet kernel corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- The juice from 2 limes
- Salt & pepper to taste
Orange Ginger Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sweet rice wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp minced gingeroot
- orange zest
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 2 carrots (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (including the juice)
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a saucepan, and cook on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Prep the chicken and the vegetables, and put them into a ziplock bag or some other container. (I like to use ziplock bags so you can just throw the bag out after, without having to worry about cleaning up after raw chicken.)
- Once the marinade has cooled, add it to the chicken/veggie mix. Combine. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook it. To transfer it for camping, just make sure to keep it in a cooler with ice.
- Cook over the fire in a skillet (or if you are at home, just cook it on the stove in a frying pan)
Interested in exploring beautiful state of Minnesota via RV? Contact us to start shopping for a new RV or stop by to walk the lot. Our team can help you find the best RV for your needs, answer any questions you have, and make sure you’ve got the information needed to make the best decision for your family. We can also assist with RV financing.
Recipe from: A Pretty Life In The Suburbs